From September 1 to October 12, the Bristol City Council accounts can be questioned and are open to audit. See the following link for information:
I sent in my request for invoices and reports this morning in order to assess whether the statement of accounts needed to be challenged.
I am writing to request invoices and reports associated with the statement of Bristol City Council’s accounts for the year ended March 31 2020. I would like to receive them electronically.
I attach a list of 960 entries from the £500+ spending spreadsheets provided by the council. Do let me know if you have any questions about this.
Please provide any invoices attached to the City Office or City Mayor cost codes where they have not been provided in the £500-spend spreadsheets.
Impact Social related
In addition to providing the invoices for the company Impact Social, please provide all reports associated with them (invoices #621-630) in the attached spreadsheet.
In July 2019, at Cabinet, the council approved the following in relation to an agreement with L&G for the land at Temple Island:
- the Council approved entering into an Agreement for Lease
- Cabinet approved a project budget of up to £0.5m to support the development of proposals for the Temple Island site. This funding to be utilised for internal BCC staff time and fees, professional consultancy fees, site and survey work and including an appropriate contingency allowance
In February 2020, the cabinet approved the following:
- the Council entering into conditional agreements and an agreement for lease
- the allocation of £2m to the G&R Directorate to support the development of the project
Please provide the following in relation to the above [from July 2019 and February 2020]:
- the conditional agreements and the Agreement for Lease with, and in relation to, L&G
- Any invoices associated with the initial £500,000 project budget in relation to BCC staff time and fees on this project, professional consultancy fees, site and survey work, and any invoices for ‘appropriate contingency allowances:
- Any invoices and reports associated with the £2m allocated in February to the G&R directorate.
If you need any further information then please let me know. I am a Bristol resident and a member of the NUJ.
Link to the attachment I sent: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OWmL0j4fMlP3Sy0mLnSBlrlT1gtgRjQP/view?usp=sharing Let me know if you have any trouble viewing it.
This is the second time I have asked to inspect Bristol City Council’s accounts but last year I was deemed to have asked without providing a reasonable amount of time so the request was denied.
I’d forgotten to include the EY reports on Bristol Energy and City Leap so have requested those too.
Apologies for the additional email — I left out four transactions, which I attach to this email. They are numbered consecutively in addition to the previous spreadsheet: 961 to 964.
I would like to see the invoices, project briefs and reports of these four invoices.